Temperatures at this time of year will often fool us, lure us into thinking that perhaps the winter season is over and warmth and sunshine are here to replace milky skies, ice, and snow. Not true. The season is on the calendar for another 27 days and just just like with all events, the world seems to open up and afford it the time reserved.This means you have 2 choices:
1. you can spend the next month fighting your way what is;
2. you can flip an switch in your brain that is under your control and play the mind game called “I love winter”.
Option 1 means you must begin to cry, shout, and stomp your foot right now and then then go to all your communication outlets and complain mightily. Someone will listen but no one will be brightened by your entry and you will not feel happiness and comfort.
Option 2 means you get to try some new cool tricks out today and have the opportunity for levity and self love.
Although there is a quiet beauty to winter with scenes that are idyllic, we are often feeling the heaviness of the season as we battle to get free of the snow that is on our path. Our culture is not healthy enough or genuinely athletic enough for us to think it is reasonable to snow shoe it to work instead of hopping into our warm car. Those daily fights are taxing and contribute to our dislike of this innocent season.
We need to lighten our load.
Foods have a magical power in our life — the process of preparation, the colors, textures, and aromas serve as healing elements to shift our perspective. The nourishment we gain, changes everything.
1. If you have a blender, or a fabulous NurtaBullet, you can create a colorful smooth drink that will enhance your overall health and well-being, try this one: 1 apple, 2 stalks celery, juice of 1 lemon, mix of lettuce and spinach, dash of cayenne, scoop of yogurt, ice, water to cover to about the half way point. blend till smooth, taste, adjust seasoning with your creative imagination.
2. Eating lightly gives you the energy to move and one of the healthiest moves we can engage in is yoga. There are many ways to do it. Here is a link to free yoga online: http://www.doyogawithme.com/ The trick to doing it is to be non-competitive, just pace yourself and do what what you can, as you can. If you doubt these words, just watch this, you cannot help but get inspired. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=408048816007029&set=vb.100004057411863&type=2&theater
3. The fight need to simply stop, you cannot alter the weather and even if you escape it in one place, there are other stresses in life to confront. Life is a journey where there are obstacles on the road to give us the opportunity to develop character. The question is, what kind of character do you want to be. A peaceful one, a loving one. Yes.
Take your beloved by the hand, share a wonderful hug that lasts for a full 30 seconds, melt into their arms as you feel the warmth of their body. Bring the hug to a close with kiss that is reminiscent of the days of your courtship and just follow those feelings.
Winter is the perfect time to remember that when it is cold outside, it can be very warm indoors.