I just love what our friends over at the Huffington Post have done this morning to get things rolling for Thursday. The idea is to have a relaxing and joy filled holiday.
a. time management and how to get your work done so you can take some time off for Thanksgiving activities as well as how to have time to prepare food and ambiance;
b. scheduling and how to fit it all in, who to see at what time, where to eat, how many meals to partake in, making sure feelings are not hurt;
c. dietary concerns as well as relationship challenges and how you manage them for your wellbeing.
The important point to remember is that we have this one holiday dedicated to giving ourselves an opportunity to simple say — Thank You. Yes, we want everything to be perfect and in abundance. We want to have stress relieved, people to be kind, foods to be delicious, aromas to be enticing, and the ambiance to be comfortable. What we crave more than anything is the human connection — we want to feel loved and valued, respected, and important. Without this, we feel alone and disappointed.
Here is the formula, part of which comes from our Huff pals, part of which comes from yours truly as a component of helping you Build the Strength Within. Follow and allow these steps to make a positive and healthy difference for you this holiday, beginning right now.
1. Wrap your arms around yourself as you are reading this and feel the beauty that is you, give thanks aloud saying — Thank You for ME, I’m alive and grateful.
2. Envision every single person in your collective as people who love you and who you love right back, no issues predominate the feeling of gratitude for this love.
3. Pull out a piece of paper and a favorite pen and write down 3 things you are grateful for in this life of yours, carry it with you daily this week and add to it daily.
4. When you begin to prepare for Thanksgiving Day, adopt the belief that most work can wait, that family and loved ones take precedence, and that your happiness counts.
5. As you come to the Thanksgiving table, do it with your list, provide paper and pencil for everyone and ask them all to participate and then read aloud over the ongoing meal what it is that they are thankful for in their life.
Using the link below, make note of the scientific realities that gratitude brings to your mind, body, relationships, and your life overall.
Remember that this life beckons for you to Build the Strength Within you and find your core happiness through your connections to others and to your faith.