It occurs to me how stressful this life experience is for us, every day presents hassles and challenges, yes? And yet, in the midst of each one, it is how we receive those presents that makes the most important impact upon us–mind, body, and soul. I have a deep awareness of just how bent out of our besat shape we can become when we allow the negative aspect of anything to creep in and capture our mind. When that happens, we get anxious and stiff and uncomfortable; it is a perfect breeding ground for disease.
There was a great book written during the 1960s and it was entitled simply — Be Here Now. It was an inch think and every page was the statement bearing the title — that’s it. I found that most people reading that book did the same thing I did and that was to ask the question, what’s the point?
The point is that when we allow our best self to emerge and be present in the moment, we have the opportunity to appreciate that moment, not lament what might be the down side, and just give thanks for being in that moment.
I know. However, life doesn’t have to be agony and we needn’t feel anxiety. We can allow our self time and space and the desire for joyfulness — right now.
My problems are no greater or lesser than yours and vice versa. It is all subject to interpretation and attitude. Each day I do a series of exercises to keep my mind and heart clear about the life I want to live and the style of life I know I need to have. I do these even when I feel liike I don’t have the desire for it…because once I begin, it takes hold of me and my mind goes from that human negative right into being hopeful and again positive. Here’s how it goes……
- I open my eyes and gives outloud thanks for the ability to see, hear, feel, smell, move, and breathe;
- and then I stretch in my bed and feel the grace of freedom of movement, knowing there are those who don’t;
- slowly, I amble my way to put on my swim gear and head out for a mile long swim;
- afterwards I find my way home for a few cups of fresh ground coffee…loving the aroma and knowing it’ll be delicious;
- I break the fast for the day, making it nutritious and delicious…….breakfast is always the fule we need to get going healthfully.
And then I allow the day to unfold with my influence upon it, knowing full well that things will pop up that will be troublesome but that will also just simply be a part of life and what most of us have to deal with. Our lifestyle is our choice, our attitude is within reach of what we can control–indeed it is the only thing in this life that we can control.